Welcome to the blog for Free Your Mind mental health anti-stigma campaign

This is the blog for the Free Your Mind campaign which aims to battle stigma towards mental illness through the use of music, art, film, and culture.
The blog consists of informative and, hopefully, entertaining articles/posts.
Enjoy! :-)

Friday 20 May 2011

Song of a Psychiatric Survivor (poem)

Recently I was sectioned for the fifth time in the past five years. I wrote the following poem during that period. ~ Nicola Edwards.


Song of a Psychiatric Survivor
They want to have control.
They want to always maintain the power. 
From the moment I was born,
Right up until my final hour. 
I've been beaten, I've raped;
At times I feel as though I'm lucky to be alive. 
But in the words of Gloria Gaynor
I know 'I will survive.'

The above poem will be added to the Creative Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment